This ministry maintains the military board in the Church narthex near the baptismal font. Download Military Board Form.
Military Board Form
Contact: Alesa Mora at
SHOWING APPRECIATION FOR OUR TROOPS
We invite individuals and families to write cards, letters, and prayer messages of appreciation for our military, past and present. It is our goal to see that our military – active, reserve, and veterans – receive these messages, whether they are serving at home, abroad, or are injured in hospitals.
To get started, read the guidelines below.
*Attention parents of young children:
- Due to privacy and security, we do not distribute names or addresses of service members
- to anyone for any reason.
- We ask that you address the letters generically. We cannot send specifically-addressed cards or letters.
- Do not put letters or cards in individual envelopes or include additional postage.
- Send multiple letters together in the same envelope or box, but please bundle the letters in stacks of no more than 50 with rubber bands to keep them together. Bundle the letters or cards in like sizes. Please try to make your bundles from different letter writers if you are a large group.
- Do not send edible items or other care package items.
- Do not use glitter, confetti, or anything that is not securely attached to the letter or card.
- Only include positive messages. Any negative messages will be discarded.
- Be creative! Draw pictures, talk about you, and let them know their service does not go unnoticed.
- Include your address if you wish. Most military will write back to you!
We ask that if children are too young to include a message of thanks, please write one on their behalf so our service members get a message along with a drawing.
If you would like to send themed cards, we ask that you respect the following deadlines:
1. Thanksgiving cards and letters should arrive to us no later than
2. Christmas/holiday cards and letters should arrive to us no later than
3. Valentines cards and letters should arrive to us no later than
4. Memorial Day themed cards should arrive to us no later than
5. Fourth of July themed cards should arrive to us no later than
**If any of the above guidelines and deadlines are not followed, please know your letters
may not be sent. Thank you!
Please bring cards and letters to us at:
Epiphany of the Lord Catholic Community