- Faith Formation
Keeping the Promise Alive
May 30, 2013 - 7:00pm
Keeping the Promise Alive for Adults Workshop
Keeping the Promise Alive is a mandatory refresher course that went into effect in 2012. Employees and volunteers who have taken the “Protecting God’s Children”® program between the years 2003 through 2005 are required to attend. It is a 1.5 hour session that provides ongoing awareness for the prevention of child sexual abuse. The material covered in “Keeping the Promise Alive” is designed to identify and reinforce the lessons of the original “Protecting God’s Children” program by clarifying some of the more challenging aspects of the sessions, strengthening the participants’ ability to recognize risky adults in their environments and how to take action to intervene in potentially threatening situations.
Please use the following steps below to complete your Background Check, Volunteer Code of Conduct, and pre-register for “Keeping the Promise Alive” Refresher training.
- Go to www.virtus.org and enter your User ID and Password, if you do not remember your user id and password, please contact LouAnn email@example.com or Cindy firstname.lastname@example.org at 281-578-8271.
- First you will click on your Toolbox tab and complete the Code of Conduct by selecting, “Yes, I understand”. Once you are complete, the page will show the date you agreed to your Code of Conduct.
- Next, you will click on your Toolbox tab and complete the Background Check by selecting, “Yes, I agree” and providing your correct date of birth. Once you have completed both please select submit.
- We would like for you to review your account information to make sure your address is correct. Please select Update my account in the Toolbox tab. After you make changes then select Save.
- Next, you will click on Instructor-led Training to pre-register for the “Keeping the Promise Alive” workshop. You will select “If you would like to register for additional upcoming training sessions click here” and choose the session you want to attend.
You have now finished the preregistration process. Click the word Logout, located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, to close your account screen.
**Per archdiocese guidelines, late arrivals will not be allowed to enter the sessions, so please be sure to get here on time. A valid drivers license or valid photo ID must be presented at time of sign-in.**
You must register online for these sessions at www.virtusonline.org.